Monday, October 19, 2015

Book 41 of 52: "1634: The Baltic War" by Eric Flint and David Weber


Here we go, book 3 in the series!  This is, of course, the sequel to 1632 and 1633, following our time-lost Americans dropped back into 17th century Germany.  At least the naming scheme for the books is pretty consistent, right?

Well, up until this point.  From here on out, the timeline splits a bit as we follow around several different groups.  The book that is the apparent sequel to this one is called "1634: The Galileo Affair", and is set at the same time as this book, but follows different characters.

It's growing too much to keep track of!
This book, at least, sticks with the Grantville/USE (That's United States of Europe) army, following along with several exciting battles, and a lot of slower exposition in between them.  That's not so bad.

I am not yet done with the Galileo book mentioned above, but it's a lot less military focused, and I'm having trouble getting through it.  I think that this was actually the same place I got stuck when I last tried to make it all the way through the series.  Now, the question becomes: should I give up, or slog on through?

To know, I guess you'll have to stay tuned!

Time to read: 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment