Friday, January 1, 2016

Missing Brains: 2016 Edition

New Year's Goals

That's right, it's the new year!  2016, baby!  And there's going to be some changes around Missing Brains (here).

Schedule

First off, scheduling.  Missing Brains, the blog, is sticking with a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule.  Three posts a week!

However, since I beat the 52 book challenge last year, I'm going to be doing something different with the Monday posts.  Instead of providing a book summary each week along with my thoughts, I'll be keeping to the following schedule:

Monday: I'm going to be telling a serial story, called The Amateur's Guide to the Apocalypse, in segments.  I'll post a new segment, about a thousand words per update, every Monday.  Hopefully, the story will end at exactly 52,000 words.

Wednesday: Wednesday will be a short story, with a theme focusing on real life.

Friday: Friday will also have a short story update, but Friday's theme will focus on the fantastic, science fiction or fantasy themed.


Other improvements

Twitter: Missing Brains is going to have a twitter handle!  Of course, it won't be @MissingBrains, since that's my personal handle - but maybe I'll make @MissingBrainsBlog into a channel.  I'll hopefully attract a larger audience through Twitter.

RSS: I don't really know how RSS works, but I'm going to try and use it.

New Website Design: In the works, probably not coming for a while.

Patreon: This is a new thing - when I'm not writing, I'm a graduate student.  Notably, neither graduate students nor writers make much money.  That's why I'm going to see about setting up a Patreon, so that readers (you) can fund writers (me!), to help me afford to keep on writing!  I've never set one of these up before, so we'll see how it works out.

The future

Can I keep this up?  Will my well of inspiration run dry?  We'll find out - together!


No comments:

Post a Comment